Childhood Sexual Abuse Attorney in Philadelphia
Your Right to Protect the Innocent
It is our mission to provide not only extraordinary but compassionate representation to our clients.
This is particularly true in sexual abuse cases. Without question, cases involving sexual abuse are sensitive and troubling, especially when child-victims are involved. Simply put, it is an unforgivable betrayal of trust for a child to be sexually victimized by a pedophile scoutmaster, clergy member, teacher, daycare provider, coach or other trusted adult. But the sad truth is that it happens all the time. Mr. Privitera cares and is fully committed to holding sexual predators and their enablers fully accountable for their misconduct and actions, including institutions such as schools, religious organizations, youth and sports organizations where pedophiles tend to gravitate because of their easy access to vulnerable children.
Child Sexual Abuse Statistics
The number of children who have suffered sexual abuse is becoming an epidemic in the United States. Most experts agree that the incidence is far greater than what is reported to authorities. The National Center for Victims of Crime (NCVC) has compiled some staggering statistics based on available research and studies done on child sexual abuse:
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Children’s Bureau report Child Maltreatment 2010 found that 9.2% of victimized children were sexually assaulted.
- One in five girls and one in 20 boys is a victim of child sexual abuse.
- Self-report studies show that 20% of adult females and 5-10% of adult males recall a childhood sexual assault or sexual abuse incident.
- During a one-year period in the U.S., 16% of youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized.
- Over the course of their lifetime, 28% of U.S. youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized.
- Children are most vulnerable to childhood sexual abuse between the ages of 7 and 13.
Mr. Privitera is the founder of The Privitera Law Firm LLC and concentrates his practice on the representation of catastrophically injured victims.
Mr. Privitera has been repeatedly recognized throughout the legal community for his skill and expertise, work ethic, preparation and dedication to his clients in personal injury and wrongful death matters. Mr. Privitera has earned the respect of the legal community, has extensive experience, a sterling reputation for handling significant personal injury and wrongful death cases and proven track record of success and outstanding results.